Plasma ion source capable of:
Performance of a Radio Frequency Plasma Ion Source
- High productivity
- High ion current density over large coverage areas.
- Suitable for high capacity planetary and domed calotte systems.
- Low cost of ownership
- Single grid design enables quick and easy maintenance with no grid alignment.
- No auxiliary electron source (filament or hollow cathode) required for discharge or neutralization.
- Long production campaigns with no maintenance required.
- Deposited films exhibit low absorption and scattering losses.
- Independent control of ion beam current density and ion energy to enable optimization of process conditions to a wide range of optical films materials.